Interactive Therapy allows patients to receive visual and audible feedback leading to enhanced patient engagement during swallowing exercises. Supplementing a standard therapy program with sEMG biofeedback facilitates functional swallowing recovery.Swallow in Action
Project live treatment progress onto a computer or tablet screen. The Screen Mirroring technology allows clinicians to guide patients through personalized, targeted swallowing exercises that increase patient intensity and duration. Immediate Patient Progress Data
Quantify treatment progression with objective data that demonstrate outcomes for each therapy session.The Taste of Independence
VitalStim Plus neuromuscular electrical stimulation helps recruit and re-educate muscles in the process of swallowing. Under the guidance of a clinician, patients partner in an interactive therapy that aids muscle strengthening to rehabilitate swallowing. Preset or customized programs allow the provider to truly customize treatments while biofeedback and visuals create a patient-focused experience that encourages engagement and achievement of goals.VitalStim Treatment
- The VitalStim waveform is delivered in Co-Contraction Mode. Up to four separate channels deliver stimulation concurrently and pause at the same time.
- You are in control! Customize your treatment protocol by adjusting the parameters of your choice, such as Phase Duration, Frequency, and Work and Rest Time. VMS treatment offers even more flexibility by allowing you to sequence the stimulation in the various channels to more closely match the natural swallowing sequence.
sEMG + Triggered Stim:
- Electrical signals in the muscle are measured and displayed on a screen and are amplified into sounds that the patient can hear. This feedback increases patient effort and participation, and provides the data and documentation required to measure patient outcomes and quantify progress.
- The patient initiates the swallowing exercise with the assistance of sEMG biofeedback. When the set threshold is reached, VitalStim Plus will switch to stimulation mode to increase the effort and exercise load.
- VitalStim Plus includes a Dysphagia image library of Anatomy, Pathology and Therapeutic Treatment options to assist in educating your patient.
- Screen mirroring technology projects your live treatment onto a computer or tablet screen. This allows you to guide therapeutic exercise activities and increase patient engagement.
- Treatment data on stimulation and sEMG can be stored,